Displaying Multiple portfolio items

Welcome Forums BigBangWP Displaying Multiple portfolio items

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brankic1979 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

madlimedesigns
    Participant

I have more than 33 items inside a single portfolio category. How do I display all of these on the front page? A scroll bar like in extra images slider should be helpful displaying say 4 or 5 portfolios at a time..

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Sorry for late answer. I was sure I’ve answered this few days ago, but it looks, I’ve clicked on wrong button 🙁

You have to insert Portfolio shortcode and choose that category with >30 items.

I suggest 4 columns layout.

madlimedesigns
    Participant

So, this is the code I have:

[bra_portfolio title=”Recent work” cat_id=”14″ no=”4″ show_filters=”no” columns=”4″ shape=””]

Problems:

1. if I use this same code, it shows only 4 items.

2. if I change no=”4″ to my desired number, then it shows all the items in a single page.

How do I ensure that only 4 are shown at a time with a scroller on the sides that I can use to view more.

Thanks!

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Now I see what you want.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to do that without adding some HTML code inside your text editor.

Try this (in Text editor)

<div style="width:100%; height:200px; overflow: auto; overflow-x: hidden;" >

[bra_portfolio title='Recent work' cat_id='-1' no='4' show_filters='no' columns='4' shape='']

</div>

madlimedesigns
    Participant

Hi, I tried your code, but It gives all the portfolios in a single page. I have uploaded a picture which will give an idea of the type of carousel/scroller I want and how different it is to the one currently on my site.

Untitled_2<br />upload image<br />

Also, it would be helpful if all the boxes are of equal dimensions.

Attched the site link. You will have a better understanding if you look at the site now. SITE LINK

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

You can’t have such a carousel in our theme without installing some plugin.

madlimedesigns
    Participant

Hi, I am not looking for the exact look. I just need the scroller to function as in the second picture. As in display only 4 out of the 33 products at a single time and one can scroll either left or right to view the other products. I believe that should be easily achievable through a code.

Also, if it is only possible through plugins, kindly suggest a free one.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

I guess this is easily achievable, but it’s beyond our free support.

I guess freelancer can do this in max 2 hrs.

madlimedesigns
    Participant

I am unable to find a freelancer who can do the job. Kindly, help. It is a very small job. Check the site listed below and see the “Recent Works” section. Can you provide a code to showcase only 4 at a time with a horizontal carousel.

https://www.sportsauthorityarunachal.org/

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Sorry, but it’s our policy (no to do any customizations).

madlimedesigns
    Participant

But does it come under customizations? Because I am just saying that if I have more than 4 items, I do not get the exact product as seen on your “Live Preview”.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if I understand.

If you’re using 4 columns and more than 4 items, it should be displayed in multiple rows (if you haven’t changed anything in the theme core files).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.