Theme update?

Welcome Forums BigBangWP Theme update?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 62 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  erincig 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Brankic1979
    Keymaster
    How to update the theme and where can I see what’s the latest version

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Go to Downloads section of your ThemeForest account and download BigBang WordPress theme.

I prefer FTP overwriting all theme files. To do that, unpack the file and unpack the file bigbangwp.zip. You’ll see bigbangwp folder. Upload this folder to your server to wp-content/themes/ and overwrite all.

Another way is to delete current version from the WP Dashboard and upload bigbangwp.zip file.

All settings are in database so there’s nothing to worry.

If you’ve changed some core files, you should upload only new files. These files are listed in style.css in theme root folder (bigbangwp)

In the root of your Dashboard is box called BigBangWP Updates where you can see our Tweets about current updates…

margaretms
    Participant

How do I see on my website what version of the theme is installed? for plugins this is very apparent but not for the theme the site is running under. If I can’t tell I don’ know if the theme is up to date.
    Thanks,
    Margaret

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Go to THEMES and mouse over the theme and click on Theme Details

Marlinda21
    Participant

I reinstal the theme and I also read all the post about the shortcode button but none of them helped me.
    Please help!

vojocreative
    Participant

I have uploaded the whole BigBangWP folder but my Instagram feed still does not work? Can you please advise what else I can do?

Jodi

sc8
    Participant

Hey Guys,

where can i find the changelog?
    What is updated?
    thanks,
    joel

karelcraft
    Participant

Hi,
    sc8 – you can find the changelog in theme folder “bingbangwp” in style.css file.

My question is – how can I update the theme without loosing my customized changes? I was reading about ‘theme child’ but that’s too late – I’ve already made some changes. Do I have to manually compare files in the old edited theme with a new fresh one?
    best,
    A.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Yes,

you’ll have to manually check changed files.

It’s best practice if you keep your own changelog, so you could easily edit it again.

jcorbelli
    Participant

Marlinda21:

Me too! Brankic, do you know what happened to the shortcodes icon in the WYSIWYG editor?

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

It should be there.

If someone else has same problem, please let me know.

Rae del Cerro
    Participant

jcorbelli: WYSIWYG editor

Me too!
    Brankic, the shortcodes icon in WYSIWYG editor is not there.
    what happened?

Rae del Cerro
    Participant

It happened that the actual icon is gone but the options are there

dadaismus1980
    Participant

Hello I have the same problem. Already disables all installed plugins and tried Firefox and Safari on my Mac but in both browser the Brankic paneL’s gone. Please help! Thanks in advance! 🙂

comoyodsg
    Participant

I acné configurate a theme from panel, i have no access.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.