Theme update?

Welcome Forums BigBangWP Theme update?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 62 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  erincig 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

siddd
    Participant

I can’t seem to update from the dashboard. There is no link option for updating.

Updating via FTP is not cooperating right now neither but I think that is my issue.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Activate some other theme, delete BigBang, upload new bigbangwp.zip and activate.

Fadeel
    Participant

I have the same problem. (no acces to the Brankic panel.) What plugins did you install and activate?

Fadeel
    Participant

has anyone received this after an update?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /storage/content/28/175928/textilgotland.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook/admin/settings-comments.php on line 257

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /storage/content/28/175928/textilgotland.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook/admin/settings-social-publisher.php on line 262

This happened after I updated some plugins and it only appears when using BigBang not when I have another theme.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

This is related to your Facebook plugin.

To be honest, don’t know how it’s related to our theme 🙁

Thommess
    Participant

Dear Brankic,

I just updated the theme by your instructions: “I prefer FTP overwriting all theme files. To do that, unpack the file and unpack the file bigbangwp.zip. You’ll see bigbangwp folder. Upload this folder to your server to wp-content/themes/ and overwrite all.”

And now the complete site looks strange.. Could you please tell me how to fix this??

Kind regards,
    Thommes

(www.rvannierop.nl)

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi Thommes,

It looks fine now. I can only guess you’ve checked Brankic Panel (Theme Options) and click on SAVE.

siddd
    Participant

Hello,

The update completely broke the layout of my site.

Everything is shifted to the left, icons don’t appear, wrong colours etc etc.

I first uploaded via WP Panel, deleting 192 and installing update.

That broke it.

I then used filezilla. No fix. The site, which is a professional site for a client, is now unacceptable.

siddd
    Participant

NOTE RE ABOVE UPDATE ATTEMPTS:

– yes, I did click “save” in the brankic panel after doing the update
    – yes, I did clear my browser cache
    – yes, I did try it with and without the custom js and css coding
    – yes, I did install using the WP Dashboard and Filezilla

UPDATE:

– I reinstalled the 192 version

– most things are back to how they were, except for two things:

– the contact page is missing the form (I’ll figure it out hopefully)
    – the brankic favicon appears with some pages (home, contact)

Synopsis: 1HR+ of my time and I have a worse site than when I started, plus no update.

Commentary: This seems completely unacceptable. Templates are for people who want/need friendly sites. These sort of issues strongly suggest there are none or inadequate testing before release.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  siddd.

siddd
    Participant

UPDATE:

– also, the brankic shortcodes does not work, with the 192 reinstall

siddd
    Participant

UPDATE:

– also I cannot access the images. I click on image to edit and the window turns dark gray and nothing on page is accessible via mouse

siddd
    Participant

UPDATE:

– re: greyed out screen: I did clear the cache and try with another browser (after also clearing its cache). Problem remains.

I have not attempted another update/install.

siddd
    Participant

UPDATE:

– re: favicon issue: now showing only my site’s favicon, not brankic’s.

Finally a bit of good news.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi sidd,

Could you please write what’s not working right now.

siddd
    Participant

Brankic:

– I cannot access extra images with the mouse. when i click on an extra image the pop-up appears but the entire screen is grey and when i click the pop-up disappears and the screen reverts to normal

– the brankic shortcodes icon is visible but clicking on it does nothing; the drop-down does not appear

– I could not install the latest update successfully. please see above posts for what happened.

As far as I know this is all that is wrong. I got the email and favicon working properly.

Please also see above posts for the solutions I attempted.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.