November 26, 2014 at 10:32 pm #4639
I can’t seem to update from the dashboard. There is no link option for updating.
Updating via FTP is not cooperating right now neither but I think that is my issue.
November 29, 2014 at 4:45 pm #4649
Activate some other theme, delete BigBang, upload new bigbangwp.zip and activate.
December 10, 2014 at 2:15 pm #4690
I have the same problem. (no acces to the Brankic panel.) What plugins did you install and activate?
FadeelQuoteDecember 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm #4693
has anyone received this after an update?
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /storage/content/28/175928/textilgotland.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook/admin/settings-comments.php on line 257
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /storage/content/28/175928/textilgotland.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook/admin/settings-social-publisher.php on line 262
This happened after I updated some plugins and it only appears when using BigBang not when I have another theme.
FadeelQuoteDecember 11, 2014 at 8:03 am #4695
This is related to your Facebook plugin.
To be honest, don’t know how it’s related to our theme 🙁
December 26, 2014 at 12:04 pm #4777
I just updated the theme by your instructions: “I prefer FTP overwriting all theme files. To do that, unpack the file and unpack the file bigbangwp.zip. You’ll see bigbangwp folder. Upload this folder to your server to wp-content/themes/ and overwrite all.”
And now the complete site looks strange.. Could you please tell me how to fix this??
ThommessQuoteDecember 30, 2014 at 6:45 pm #4789
It looks fine now. I can only guess you’ve checked Brankic Panel (Theme Options) and click on SAVE.
January 4, 2015 at 4:18 pm #4811
The update completely broke the layout of my site.
Everything is shifted to the left, icons don’t appear, wrong colours etc etc.
I first uploaded via WP Panel, deleting 192 and installing update.
That broke it.
I then used filezilla. No fix. The site, which is a professional site for a client, is now unacceptable.
January 4, 2015 at 4:50 pm #4812
NOTE RE ABOVE UPDATE ATTEMPTS:
– yes, I did click “save” in the brankic panel after doing the update
– yes, I did clear my browser cache
– yes, I did try it with and without the custom js and css coding
– yes, I did install using the WP Dashboard and Filezilla
– I reinstalled the 192 version
– most things are back to how they were, except for two things:
– the contact page is missing the form (I’ll figure it out hopefully)
– the brankic favicon appears with some pages (home, contact)
Synopsis: 1HR+ of my time and I have a worse site than when I started, plus no update.
Commentary: This seems completely unacceptable. Templates are for people who want/need friendly sites. These sort of issues strongly suggest there are none or inadequate testing before release.
January 5, 2015 at 12:24 am #4816
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by siddd.
– also, the brankic shortcodes does not work, with the 192 reinstall
January 5, 2015 at 2:26 am #4817
– also I cannot access the images. I click on image to edit and the window turns dark gray and nothing on page is accessible via mouse
January 6, 2015 at 2:51 am #4819
– re: greyed out screen: I did clear the cache and try with another browser (after also clearing its cache). Problem remains.
I have not attempted another update/install.
January 6, 2015 at 2:53 am #4820
– re: favicon issue: now showing only my site’s favicon, not brankic’s.
Finally a bit of good news.
January 6, 2015 at 9:28 am #4821January 6, 2015 at 11:22 pm #4830
– I cannot access extra images with the mouse. when i click on an extra image the pop-up appears but the entire screen is grey and when i click the pop-up disappears and the screen reverts to normal
– the brankic shortcodes icon is visible but clicking on it does nothing; the drop-down does not appear
– I could not install the latest update successfully. please see above posts for what happened.
As far as I know this is all that is wrong. I got the email and favicon working properly.
Please also see above posts for the solutions I attempted.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.