Portfolio images only showing featured image

Welcome Forums BigBangWP Portfolio images only showing featured image

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brankic1979 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

jazskimo
    Participant

Hi,

love the theme.

After reading the forum, I found this – http://support.brankic1979.com/forums/topic/portfolio-categorie-hover/

and did this –

“Open includes/bra_shortcodes.php (in file editor on your server, or on your computer and then upoad it via FTP to your server) and change

$slug_list_ = “pretty_photo_gallery”;
    to

$slug_list_ = $slug_list;”

And that fixed the the looping, but now I cant get my “extra” featured images to show in each cat?

Site – http://jazskimocreative.com/projects/

Thanks
    Jazzy

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

What exactly do you want to achieve?

I see syntax error

$slug_list_ = $slug_list;”

It should be

$slug_list_ = $slug_list;

jazskimo
    Participant

When I check the file, there is no quote marks on the end? I want the “extra” featured images to show in the photo viewer slider. Like in your demo.

jazskimo
    Participant

code

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot you’re using shape. This is the line you have to change

if ($extra_images == "yes") $html .= '<a title="' . $title . ' / ' . $name_list . '" href="' . $pop_up_image . '" class="preview" data-rel="prettyPhoto[' . $title . ']">preview</a>';

to

if ($extra_images == "yes") $html .= '<a title="' . $title . ' / ' . $name_list . '" href="' . $pop_up_image . '" class="preview" data-rel="prettyPhoto[everything]">preview</a>';

jazskimo
    Participant

Thank you,

Changed this code and I am still not getting the “extra” images to appear in the slide show when you click on the hexagon shape.

I’m sorry, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have loaded a featured image into each portfolio item and 5 additional extra images.

When I click on the link button it takes me to a slider where all images are, but I just can’t get all 6 images to how in the slide show preview when I click on the magnifying glass.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

You can’t see Extra images on portfolio page. Only featured images (one per post).

jazskimo
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I’m sorry I must be confused.

When I click on the shape I thought there were different items in the slider before it goes to the page with all images.

Is it based on a category?

I don’t understand how multiple pics come up in the preview slider on the live preview page of the theme.

Sorry, I’m new to WordPress

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve looked at the code as I can see you’re using several portfolio shortcodes and columns.

You have to insert only one shortcode where you’ll choose Hexagon shape and category whose children are categories you’re already using.

Please do that and paste here the shortcode you’re using.

Another sorry. You can see Extra images from the post itself (not only featured image), and this option is in the shortcode.

jazskimo
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I change the short code as you said

[bra_portfolio title=” cat_id=’19’ no=’-1′ show_filters=’yes’ columns=’4′ shape=’hexagon’ height=” hover=’yes’ ‘extra_images=’yes’]

[bra_portfolio title=’Social Media’ cat_id=’8′ no=’-1′ show_filters=’yes’ columns=’4′ shape=’hexagon’ height=” hover=’yes’ ‘extra_images=’yes’]

I understand this more now, but am still confused on the extra images. I must be driving you nuts! Sorry.

Now my slider shows the featured image of each “brand” (x4 images) and then when I click link to the page I can see all 5 images per “brand”

I have also attached some screen snaps of your demo in hope of explaining what I mean. as I am under the impression that these images include extra images

example

example 2 is a different image from the same item

Then on page

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  jazskimo.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please send me login data to support [at] brankic1979.com so I can sort it out.

thwick
    Participant

I too am having issues with the extra images not showing in my portfolio. I have it set to pop-up only, but as in your demo, I would like multiple images to be shown on each item.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi thwick, please send me URL of your portfolio page.

thwick
    Participant

it’s http://www.megan-thomas.com/portfolio-3/.

so far it’s only been tried on the first project “keep pedalling, manchester”.

thank you!

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have

extra_images='yes' 

in your shortcode?

May I see your shortcode?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.