Portfolio Items

Welcome Forums BigBangWP Portfolio Items

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brankic1979 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

casmille
    Participant

The first four items in our Portfolio feed no longer have the right arrow to toggle to the next item on their detailed pages. It’s like they’re all acting like the first (beginning) Portfolio item.

Main Portfolio Page :

Sample Work

First four detailed portfolio pages where it’s not working :

Ultimate Security of America

Brew Burger Logo Identity

Boise Paper Top-Selling Brand Ad

Evoke Idea Group Video

The fifth detailed portfolio page works :

Boise Box Tops for Education

Is it maybe because the first four items are also the first items in their individual categories?

And assistance would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know if you need any additional information or clarification. Thanks!

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

I think you’re right (about being first item in category)

Open single-portfolio_item.php and find

<?php previous_post_link_plus(array('format' => "<li class='prev'> %link </li>", 'link' => '%title', 'in_same_tax' => TRUE )); ?>
                <li class="all"><a href="<?php echo $all_link; ?>" title="All items">All</a></li>
                <?php next_post_link_plus(array('format' => "<li class='next'> %link </li>", 'link' => '%title', 'in_same_tax' => TRUE )); ?>

try to add

,'in_same_cat' => FALSE

According to documentation it should work http://www.ambrosite.com/plugins/next-previous-post-link-plus-for-wordpress

casmille
    Participant

Thank you, I’ve tried adding this to both the previous and next strings of code, and individually. All three options didn’t work.

This is what I currently have :

<?php previous_post_link_plus(array(‘format’ => “<li class=’prev’> %link “, ‘link’ => ‘%title’, ‘in_same_tax’ => TRUE , ‘in_same_cat’ => FALSE )); ?>
    <li class=”all”>” title=”All items”>All
    <?php next_post_link_plus(array(‘format’ => “<li class=’next’> %link “, ‘link’ => ‘%title’, ‘in_same_tax’ => TRUE , ‘in_same_cat’ => FALSE )); ?>

I’m also saving these edits under the Child Theme, would that make / not make any difference?

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

I don’t think it’s a Child theme related. Of course, you can try to edit and main theme.

Or you can send me login data to sd so I could try to figure it out.

casmille
    Participant

Thank you, I tried replacing the main Theme’s file too – that didn’t seem to work either. (and I’ve since reverted back to the original) I’ll email you login information now…

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

This is the solution

<ul class="item-nav">
                <?php previous_post_link_plus(array('format' => "<li class='prev'> %link </li>", 'link' => '%title', 'in_same_tax' => FALSE  )); ?>
                <li class="all"><a href="<?php echo $all_link; ?>" title="All items">All</a></li>
                <?php next_post_link_plus(array('format' => "<li class='next'> %link </li>", 'link' => '%title', 'in_same_tax' => FALSE )); ?>
            </ul><!--END ITEM-NAV--> 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.