site issues following WP3.9.2

Welcome Forums BigBangWP site issues following WP3.9.2

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brankic1979 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

dasmonk
    Participant

Server maintenance is complete. Could you please check again? (My site hasn’t changed.)
    http://jessicaclark.com/

dasmonk
    Participant

I contacted my webhost, siteground, and they confirmed that Java is working correctly on my server.

If there is something else I can do to help you troubleshoot, please let me know, but the problem does seem to be with the code.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

OK,

Ask them why you can’t see http://jessicaclark.com/wp-content/themes/bigbangwp/javascript/custom.js, i.e. why there’s 403 – Forbidden Error?

dasmonk
    Participant

This was due to limits stated in the htaccess access. I’ve opened it so that you can access it temporarily…. so you should be able to see it now.

(Once our troubleshooting is complete I will chance it back.)

thanks,
    carrie

dasmonk
    Participant

I have updated to 1.9.9.4 but it has not resolved the problems.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Very weird.

I can see all JavaScript files, but for some reason it doesn’t work.

I don’t is it due this limits in httaccess files but I never had such an issue.

There were issues with portfolio, but all of these were due some plugin which was in conflict with our script.

dasmonk
    Participant

And so what is the upshot? What are you recommending? Are you still working on fixing?

There are currently no limits on httaccess so that should not be affecting this. I have tried deactivating all plug-ins and that does nothing.

carrie

dasmonk
    Participant

UPDATE: After practically pulling my hair out over this, I found out that my .htaccess file has been causing many problems with my sites. My webhost altered the htaccess file to boost security after we had a hacker/virus problem and whatever they did interfered with the sites.

Apologies for all of my posts about this!

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Great.

I’m glad you’ve solved it.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.