UPDATE TO 2.0 / 2.1

Welcome Forums BigBangWP UPDATE TO 2.0 / 2.1

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Brankic1979 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

If you’re updating the theme from v1.9.X to v2.0 please copy and save some of the settings from Brankic Panel – just in case. The most important ones are Extra CSS and Extra JavaScript because it’s not that easy to remember current status of these fields. Other settings are mych easier for setting if they’re lost (but they should be saved after the update).

After the update save options in Brankic Panel (click on SAVE OPTIONS button)

edit: Some users get Error message trying to access Brankic Panel. In that case, delete BigBang theme (if you have more versions, remove all of them). If you have installed Theme Options, Multiple post thumbnail or Advanced Custom Fields plugins, remove (delete) them.

Upload and install BigBangWP 2.1 and activate all plugins required (you’ll see the not in the header of the dashboard).

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Brankic1979.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Brankic1979.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Brankic1979.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Brankic1979.

tomhannibal
    Participant

It’s probably worth putting this in a README in the update files, not everyone is going to think to look here too

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

It’s in the help file.

But to be honest, I think nobody reads that 🙂

norbertmarszalek
    Participant

Hello,
    I have made changes to the core files so I need to update only files that are new. Sorry, but I can’t figure out which are the new files. I have downloaded the entire 2.0 folder … the sub folder HELP 2.0 does not make sense to me
    either. Can you please help.

I remember the last time I made updates (I think it was 1.9.3) you supplied a folder with only the files that had to be changed. That was very easy.

Thank you.
    -n

norbertmarszalek
    Participant

hello, I would greatly appreciate any help to my question from yesterday. thank you.
    -n

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

There’s changelog.txt and also in main style.css you can find changed files.

ecomerzia
    Participant

Hi!
    We are trying to update BigBang Template to 2.0 but we are facing some problems:

We have downloaded the latest version from envato.com and updated the files through filezila. When all the files are updated, everything looks untidy (some parts float to left and some to the right). It´s like a crazy CSS.

Could you please help us?

Thank you in advance.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just go to Brankic Panel (Theme options) and click save.

ecomerzia
    Participant

We already did that…and averything is the same. We need to update because brankic shortcodes button (in posts and pages) are not working.
    Thanks!

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Have you perform full update (replaced all the files) ?

Have you cleared the cache?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Brankic1979.

ecomerzia
    Participant

Yes, we have replaced all files (have upload your latest version 2.0.2) and cleared the cache, and the website is floating again.

We have replaced the theme to the previous, where the Brankic Shortcode button is not working.

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve updated the theme and check this http://www.elarancel.com/wp-content/themes/bigbangwp/includes/bra_shortcodes.js

and check the same file in the package you’ve downloaded from ThemeForest.

You’ll see they’re not the same.

Why this happens?

Do you have some cache plugin or similar (maybe you had one sometimes).

ecomerzia
    Participant

Hi!

No, I dont have any cache plugin…and never had…dont know why this is happening…

Everything is working correctly now.

Thanks for your help!!

Brankic1979
    Keymaster

Maybe there was some kind of server maintenance so website used old js file.

I’m glad it’s working now.

ahhltoeknee
    Participant

Hi,

My BigBangWP theme is now on version 2.1 but now my website is all crazy looking. The entire page is on the left and it looked nothing like how I had it. I even lost my header. I didn’t do touch anything on the CSS file so I’m not sure why this is happening.

Please help!

my website is altonileencabling.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.